Review of Specialist Public Health Training in the North West
January – May 2009.
The Mersey Deanery, on behalf of both Deaneries in the North West, have commissioned Organisation Development Services (ODS) Ltd, to conduct the review of public health specialist training, commencing January 2009.
The Deanery has commissioned this review to :
- Explore, in a positive spirit, the best way forwards for the School of Public health engendering the engagement of a wide range of stakeholders
- Ensure the programme builds upon its strengths and becomes a world class, high performing specialist programme
- Seek the views of stakeholders to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the programme and to identify the opportunities that stakeholders see as important
- Report to the Post Graduate Dean on behalf of the Deaneries and SHA
- Develop and agree recommendations to inform an action plan
Review activities will include:
- Individual and group interviews (focus groups)
- A ‘Whole Systems’ event in late Spring 2009 to share findings and to explore recommendations and actions in participative exercises
The Deanery is keen that the review maximises the involvement and input from across the region, and also takes a robust view about the future requirements of the Specialist Public Health Workforce. Dan Seddon, Head of School of Public Health, says “This School Review will help us to deliver our vision of high quality public health experts and leaders who deliver for the people of the North West. The idea for the review, first mooted nearly a year ago, has met with universal approval. I know that the ODS team will deliver a really useful and challenging review.”
About the review team.
The ODS team includes Donna Bradshaw, Carol Brooks and Stuart Taylor. Donna Bradshaw, joint managing director of ODS says “We are delighted to be appointed to work across the region to produce this review. We place huge emphasis on maximising involvement in our review and evaluation work, and have a passion for supporting excellence in the public health workforce”
ODS have a strong track record in workforce across the whole public sector delivering evaluations, leadership and organisational development programmes, facilitation, research, coaching and workforce planning. Clients include Local Authorities, PCTs, the Leadership Academy, North West regional development Agency, Greater Manchester Police Force and Strategic Health Authorities. The ODS team consists of practitioners with track records in senior public sector roles, clinical roles, academia and consultancy. More information about our team and projects can be seen on www.odsuk.com. Donna Bradshaw can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org, or 0161 236 6733.
More information about the review can be found out from ODSUK at the above contact, or from the Head of School at email@example.com or on 07554438476.